1) WHO I FIND IN THE FINLANTERN COMMUNITY?
In the FinLantern Community you find all financial professionals registered like you at the FinLantern events.
2) WHERE DO I FIND THE LIST OF DELEGATES ATTENDING MY SAME EVENT?
The list of FinLantern members are in COMMUNITY and they are visible 2 weeks before the events.
On the left menu you find the DIRECT CONNECTIONS and all the events you subscribed (CURRENT and PAST).
Clicking on the event you see the list of delegates and you can text them by clicking on the message icon.
2. From the menu EVENTS at the top, you find all the events and by clicking DELEGATES LIST you access the list
3) CAN I FILTER THE MEMBERS LIST?
YES, the members of the Community can be filtered by category and country. It`s also possible to search by keywords.
These filters are found under CONTACTS in the SEARCH box.
4) HOW CAN I EXIT FROM THE COMMUNITY?
If you do not want to be a part of the Community, simply login and access your profile settings (at the top right), and click on edit, to take away the tick on “I WANT TO BE PART OF THE FINLANTERN COMMUNITY” located in the box “PRIVACY”.
Therefore, you will not be visible anymore to the members of FinLantern, can no longer be contacted and equally have no access to the list of delegates to contact.
Anyway, you keep your USERNAME (registration email) and PASSWORD to manage your FinLantern account. Actually, this account will be useful to keep updated for rapid registration to the next FinLantern event without having to fill out another form.
5) HOW TO BE MORE VISIBLE ON FINLANTERN COMMUNITY, IN ORDER TO BE MORE EASILY CONTACTED BY OTHER MEMBERS?
The elements affecting the profile order of members are in searches:
– Profile picture
– Complete profile info with indication of what is being offered or searched
– Number of messages sent (not to the same member)
– Number of messages received (not from the same member)
– Number of replies sent (not to the same member)
6) HOW DO I SEND MESSAGES TO DELEGATES ATTENDING MY SAME EVENT?
You have 3 procedures:
1. In the section EVENTS, click on button DELEGATES LIST of the event you will attend and click on the ICON MESSAGE of the person you want to text
2. Clicking on WEBCHAT in the top menu, it opens a new window with all messages exchanged, and you can start new conversations and chat
3. By downloading the FinLantern APP: https://finlantern.com/community/
7) DO I HAVE UNLIMITED MESSAGES?
No, you have 30 messages a month, but you can buy more messages http://community.finlantern.com/messages/buy
8) CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY IN ANONYMOUS MODE?
YES, it is possible to benefit from taking part in the FinLantern Community (access to participants list of the same event as you are registered, able to send and receive messages…) in anonymous mode.
To take advantage of this option, simply access the settings of your profile (at the top right), and click on edit, ticking “HIDE MY FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME” in the box “PRIVACY” (at the bottom right).
WARNING: In anonymous mode no one will know your first and last name but all the other information will be visible to the public, particularly the company name and job title (mandatary information).
9) IS ANONYMITY GUARANTEED ALSO WHEN SENDING A MESSAGE TO ANOTHER MEMBER?
Even if the box is ticked “HIDE MY FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME” in the personal settings, when you send a message to another Community member, your first and last name becomes automatically visible only to the recipient.
10) CAN I DOWNLOAD ALL MY CONTACTS?
At the moment, it is not possible to download your connections that are visible in “DIRECT CONNECTIONS.”
In the list of all the contacts, your direct connections are highlighted with a green background.
11) DO I HAVE TO PAY TO READ THE MESSAGES THE OTHER MEMBERS SENT TO ME?
NO. Contrarily to other communities, all the members do not have to pay absolutely anything to read and reply to messages received.
TIP: In order to have the best chance to be selected and contacted by other Community members, recommends completing your profile with a picture and insert information in the “ABOUT, I OFFER and I SEARCH FOR” fields. Complete profiles with this information appear first in the search and are 5 times more likely to be contacted by other members.
12) IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACCESS THE LIST OF ALL MEMBERS OF FINLANTERN COMMUNITY AND SEND THEM MESSAGES?
Profiles can only access the list of members of FinLantern Community who like them are signed up to the same event.
13) WHY SENDING MESSAGES THROUGH FINLANTERN COMMUNITY IS 25 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE TO CREATE NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES COMPARED TO OTHER COMMUNITIES?
FinLantern is the first Community that bases itself on the main advantages of the virtual world (ability to easy access numerous contacts) with those of the real world (possibility to know personal counterparts, more selection and quality meetings, building a better environment of confidence to develop business …).
In FinLantern, this union becomes possible thanks to the fact that FinLantern is a company leader in organizing professional events for the financial world and give the possibility to its participants at every event to contact between them through the community tool.
When sending a message through FinLantern Community, we contact someone that will be in the same place, on the same day and the same hour, that allow exchanging messages only among who is signed up at the same event. Resulting that the message sent to someone who just arrived, you can meet in person face to face with a handshake; prove to be 25 times more effective (in terms of probability to develop some type to collaboration or business with that person) than normal messaging sent through other virtual community to unknown persons and that can be difficult meeting in the real world.
FinLantern Community is based on the idea that only after meeting a person in the real world, it’s actually possible to develop a collaboration, synergies and business with him.
14) IN MESSAGES, OTHER THAT THE NUMERIC LIMIT, IS THERE ALSO A WORD LIMIT?
You can send messages with the maximum of 750 characters, spaces included.
15) IN MESSAGES, CAN I INSERT DOCUMENTS (PRESENTATIONS/PICTURES/LOGOS…)?
NO. At the moment it is not foreseen the option that permits insertion of documents /pictures in the messages that are exchanged within the FinLantern platform.
16) IF I CONTACT A PERSON THAT DOES NOT REPLY, IS THIS MESSAGE IN ANYWAY DEDUCTED FROM MY CREDIT MESSAGES?
YES, all the messages sent (excluding the replies to other messages and the messages to your direct connections), regardless of the outcome, they are counted and deducted from your credit (30 messages /month)
FinLantern guarantees all the messages sent from its server leaves correctly, but cannot guarantee that they would arrive to their destination (example: an inactive email recipient, a full destination email inbox, email that ends up in the spam box….), nor being read, or that it generates reply from the recipient.
NOTE: The messages that get the most replies are the ones without spamming, in which your presentation is clear and simple and include an invitation to meet each other during the same event. Every user has the possibility to mark a message received as SPAM. FinLantern reserves the right to suspend the sender’s account that received one or more warnings from other users.
17) WHAT I HAVE TO DO WHEN I RECEIVE A MESSAGE?
When a message is received from another member, although not obligated, normally it would be good to reply (note that replying to messages increases your ranking inside the Community in order to appear first in the search).
The recipient of a message has some options:
– Simply reply to the same message
– Accept the sender as a direct connection (in this way it’s always possible to exchange free messages and at any time)
– Report the contents of the message as SPAM (FinLantern evaluates all the reports and reserves the right to suspend the account member for spam)
18) WILL THE UNSENT MONTHLY MESSAGES ACCUMULATE WITH THOSE OF THE PRESENT MONTH?
NO. The profiles have a respective credit amount of 30 messages a month, useful to contact other members of FinLantern Community. These messages should strictly be used in the same month, before expiration.
Therefore, it is not possible to accumulate unsent messages of the past months with those of the present or following months.
19) IS THERE A HISTORY OF ALL THE SENT OR RECEIVED MESSAGES?
YES. In your account under WEBCHAT, there are all the messages exchanged (sent and received) with the other Community members. By opening a chat, it is possible also to find all the history of sent messages with that user.
20) CAN YOU SEND MULTIPLY MESSAGES?
At the moment only single personal messages are expected. The feature that allows sending the same message to many contacts (maximum 10 each time) will be activated in the future.
21) IF I REPLY TO A MESSAGE SENT TO ME BY ANOTHER MEMBER, IS MY REPLY COUNTED IN THE NUMBER OF MESSAGES I HAVE AT MY DISPOSAL?
NO. Replying to messages from other users does not count in the monthly available messages you have at your disposal.
Also, this is valid in case you want to reply to a response from a previous message.
Registration to events
22) CAN I SIGN UP FOR AN EVENT WITHOUT BEING PART OF THE COMMUNITY?
YES, it is possible.
In this case simply fill out the registration form without ticking the box “I WANT TO BE PART OF THE FINLANTERN COMMUNITY.”
This user will not be visible to the others registered to the same event, will not be contacted by them and will not even have access to the delegates list to contact. However, this user will have a USERNAME (registration email) and a PASSWORD to manage his FinLantern account. This account will be useful to keep updated for rapid registration to the next FinLantern event without having to fill out another form.
23) IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL THE REGISTRATION TO AN EVENT?
YES. This option is obviously always possible and without any penalty.
The unexpected are always possible…so for this reason FinLantern requires simply but compulsory, to be informed by clicking on UNSUBSCRIBE in the section EVENTS from the delegate who signed up and does not to participate.
We believe that this is a normal rule of commonsense and education!
WARNING: If a user is signed up for an event and then cancels the registration, FinLantern reserves the right to suspend this user ability to send and receive messages to participants of the event.
(Note that the FinLantern Community rule is based on putting in contact the person that is actually participating at the same event).
24) WHAT HAPPENS IF I SIGNED UP FOR A FINLANTERN EVENT AND DO NOT ATTEND?
If a user is signed up for an event and not attend without notifying FinLantern, will lose the chance to send or receive messages to the participants of that event (Note that the FinLantern Community rule is based on putting in contact the person that is actually participating at the same event).
WARNING: FinLantern, unlike those who inform their absences by email to Subscriptions@FinLantern.com, reserves the right to suspend the user account that does not inform or apply a surcharge (depending on the organizing costs and catering sustained) for the next event registration.
25) WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “MEMBERS, CONTACTS AND CONNECTIONS”?
MEMBERS are all those who registered directly on the FinLantern site (www.FinLantern.com) or at the events organized by FinLantern and that tick the box “I WANT TO BE PART OF THE FINLANTERN COMMUNITY”.
CONTACTS are all the Community members who signed up for the same event and therefore can be contacted through messaging.
When sending a message to another member, it is implicitly inviting the other to become his CONNECTION.
If the recipient accept the sender’s message as connection (click on ACCEPT), they will be connected directly (CONNECTIONS) and can always exchange messages between them through FinLantern Community for free.
26) WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING THE CONNECTIONS?
Being connected with other members is very important because it is possible to exchange unlimited messages for free at any time and without affecting the number of available messages.
27) CAN I SIGN UP FOR AN EVENT WITH INTENTIONS TO ACCESS THE LIST OF DELEGATES AND/OR TO SEND THEM MESSAGES, WITHOUT ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING AT THE EVENT?
This procedure is strictly prohibited, since FinLantern Community is a tool created specifically to facilitate matching and meeting during the events organized by the same FinLantern.
FinLantern reserves the right to suspend the profiles of those who signed up for an event without participating, referring particularly to those who did not notify their absences.
You can REGISTER TO EVENTS and EXCHANGE MESSAGES also through the FinLantern App: DOWNLOAD IT NOW https://finlantern.com/community/