By accessing the Website of FinLantern (www.FinLantern.com), brand managed by “The Lantern” Research SA (TLR), or even accessing just one of the pages or products, services, information, software, or any other material included, reported or described on it (the “Website”), you expressly declare that you have read, understood and accepted the following conditions and that you are legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use our site.
Local Legal Restrictions
The Website as well as all of the information and functions contained therein are not intended for persons or entities with citizenship, residence or temporary abode in a jurisdiction in which the distribution, publication, availability of or access to the above mentioned information and functions run counter to prevailing local laws or regulations, or would compel TLR to obtain any kind of license, registration or authorization which it does not currently have.
If you access the Website from any location outside of Switzerland, or from Switzerland but you are not a Swiss citizen or permanent resident of Switzerland, you do so at your own risk and peril and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction, releasing TLR from any and all liability.
No Offer, No Advice, No Reliance, No Guarantee
All the statements, opinions or other matter contained in the Website are for information only and may not be construed as an invitation, offer or suggestion to buy or sell securities and/or any other financial instruments, consultancy or financial services or engage in transactions of any kind.
All of the contents of this Website are intended for general information purposes only; in no way do they constitute investment, legal, financial, fiscal or any other kind of advice, nor do they refer to specific investment targets or needs of a specific person or entity.
TLR makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability or adequacy for any purpose of the Website or the information, products, services, charts, pictures or functions contained therein or linked thereto.
When you access the Website you do so at your own risk and peril and you should make no judgment solely on the basis of the information accessed herein directly or through any external link. The Website itself as well as any of its contents or functions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
To the extent permitted by law, TLR, its directors, management and personnel disclaim any liability, even arising from the action of the said directors, management and personnel, to anyone for any direct or indirect loss, cost, claim, disbursement, damage or whatever else, whether or not specified in a contract, including negligence, arising out of or related to the use of this Website or of any information and functions provided by or linked to it.
Intellectual Property Rights/Copyright
TLR and its content and service suppliers reserve all rights (including copyright, logos, trade marks, patents and any intangible property and other rights) on all information and contents (including all written texts, data, graphics and symbols) contained in the Website.
Individual pages and/or portions of the Website may be printed for personal or internal use only, provided that they are printed with all disclaimers and information concerning copyright or other property rights. In particular you may not modify, copy, transmit, distribute, visualize, execute, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, exploit or extract any of the information, such as texts, graphics, images, videos, indexes, lists, databases, directories, programs, contained in this Website, or any portion thereof, in order to create derivative or any other products or works, in any way whatsoever, for commercial or public purposes and with respect to third parties, without TLR’s prior explicit consent in writing; and you may not quote contents of the Website in order to create or draw up, directly or indirectly, any compilation, database or listing (by means of functions, automatic devices or manual processes), or create links pointing to the Website, without TLR’s prior explicit consent in writing.
We are the owner or licensee of all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and to our site and the information published on our Website. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all material, content or information supplied as part of the Website and/or the App shall remain at all times vested in TLR and / or its licensors.
Nothing in these Agreement grants You any right to use FinLantern’s logo, brand or trade marks on your Website or elsewhere.
TLR reserves the right to modify, alter, change or withdraw any part of the Website, whether temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to You and You confirm that any such modification, alteration, changes or withdrawal by TLR shall be without any liability to You.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not:
- use our Website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- use any materials, data or information which you have obtained from the Website in any manner which, in TLR’s reasonable opinion, is derogatory, damages TLR’s reputation or takes advantage of it in any way;
- use our Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- deep-link to any portion of our Website for any purposes without the prior written permission of TLR;
- perform any automated use of our Website, such as, but not limited to, using robots, spiders, scripts to create Contributions, to extract any of the content of our Website through such means as ‘screen scraping’, ‘database scraping’ or otherwise;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to our Website;
- use our Website for the purpose of building a database or to use this for your own commercial exploitation by its inclusion in your own activities and services without obtaining the written approval of TLR in advance of its publication;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on our services or the network or services connected to our Website ;
- engage in, either directly or indirectly, or encourage others to engage in, click-throughs generated through any manner that could be reasonably interpreted as coercive, incentivized, misleading, malicious, or otherwise fraudulent;
- collect information from our Website and incorporate it into your own database or products; or
- use our services to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Registration at events promoted by FinLantern
The use of the services provided by TLR has no any geographical type of limitation.
You agree that TLR can make movies and/or take photographs during the event. You agree that TLR can use this material for publication on Internet or other means of communication, for the promotion of the event or for other related didactic or informative activities of TLR.
The FinLantern Community (http://community.FinLantern.com/) is the community tool of the FinLantern brand, operated by “The Lantern” Research SA (TLR), a Swiss-based company.
By registering at FinLantern Community, although you may have been invited by FinLantern (as organizer of financial events), You expressly accept to be contacted by other professionals present on the platform. Any selection you make in connection with the platform shall be made under your own exclusive and full responsibility and you fully discharge TLR of any liability in connection therewith.
As a Member (i.e. a user of our Website that has created an account) of the FinLantern Community, you may interact with other Members, who may be located in a country different from yours, and such persons may be restricted by applicable legislation to market or to offer to you certain services or products.
You understand and agree that other Members may therefore refuse to make contact with you, or market or offer services to you based on their own assessment of their compliance duties with (cross-border) regulations applicable to them.
TLR does not guarantee nor represent to you that you will have full and unlimited access to all other Members through the FinLantern Community, and you acknowledge that you will have no recourse against TLR for any refusal of contact or limitation of contacts by any such other Members.
You acknowledge that TLR cannot (and do not) assess whether contacts (e.g. chats, calls, download of documentation, etc.) you may have with other Members may occur in violation of regulations applicable to other Members or yourself, and you acknowledge that TLR may not monitor contacts that you may have with other Members. You therefore accept and agree that TLR have no obligation to intervene in, or interrupt, such contacts you may have with other Members. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TLR will not tolerate actions or contacts which are contrary to applicable regulations and retain the right, on becoming aware of such actions or contacts, to take any appropriate action, including terminating immediately access to the FinLantern Community to any Members involved in such actions or contacts, and revoke access privileges without notice and compensation.
As a Member, you acknowledge that you have to make your own assessments as to whether contacts, including request of meetings, offer of services or products you may propose to (or accept from) other Members, are in compliance with applicable regulations. You hereby agree to comply with such applicable regulations, and fully discharge TLR of any liability in connection therewith.
You acknowledge that you have to make your own assessments, with, as the case may be, the help of your own advisors, in connection with offers of services or products, including investment products, which may be advertised to you thanks to the FinLantern Community. You understand that services or products advertised to you may not be appropriate or suitable to you and/or may even not be legal for you to purchase or subscribe, and/or may result, when accepted or subscribed by you, in various financial and legal risks and, possibly total losses. You acknowledge that TLR does not endorse nor recommend any of such products or services, and is not in any way advising you in connection with such offers of services or products, nor is holding themselves out in any way as your fiduciary in connection with such products or services. You fully discharge TLR of any liability in connection therewith.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
You are responsible for periodically checking to ensure that any personal information and picture in your FinLantern Community profile is updated and correct.
Moreover, You must protect and keep secret your password at all times and must not allow any third party directly or indirectly to use your membership, username or password.
These content standards apply when You make a Contribution to the Website. These content standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the Switzerland and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- infringe or promote infringement of any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person (including, promoting or offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial registration numbers for software programs, rights management information or any type of cracker utilities);
- contain intentionally made false or misleading statements;
- offer to buy, sell or broker an investment;
- breach insider dealing regulations or confidentiality agreements;
- involve commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from us such as contests, sweepstakes, group-buying, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- contain any material or link to material which:
- is defamatory of any person;
- is obscene, vulgar offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- contains or promotes sexually explicit material or violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
- is likely to deceive any person;
- use invalid or forged headers to disguise the origin of any Contribution, or otherwise misrepresenting the yourself or the source of any Contribution;
- use our Website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from TLR or a TLR employee, administrator or moderator, or another user of our site; or
- advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity.
Breaches and Termination
You agree that TLR may terminate your membership or the agreement constituted by these Terms (as TLR may choose) and restrict your access to the Website (or part thereof) without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that TLR may have if TLR is of the reasonable opinion that you have breached these Terms or acted inconsistently with the spirit of these Terms.
You agree to indemnify TLR against any and all actions, claims, costs, proceedings, losses, damages or liabilities arising from your use of the site (including without limitation Contributions) and/or in relation to any information or data you use or access by means of the site.
You acknowledge that a breach of these Terms may give rise to civil damages and criminal penalties. TLR reserve the right to take action against you to uphold these Terms and its rights, which may involve pursuing injunctive proceedings.
Venue and applicable law
Good navigation to everybody!