Processing and Use of Data
Data: How We Collect It
The Data we collect may be captured from a variety of sources. These sources include, but are not limited to:
- Voluntary submissions through the Website (e.g., registrations at the FinLantern Community, registrations at events/presentations promoted by FinLantern, responses to surveys, etc.);
- Freely available public information on the Internet (e.g., public profiles on common social networks, corporate websites, etc.);
- Contacts with our commercial staff (e.g., business cards, on-site registrations at events/presentations promoted by FinLantern, requests for information about our company or our products/services, inquiries about employment opportunities, etc.).
If you sign up to attend one of our events we will ask you to provide your professional details. This is so we can assess your suitability to attend our event, contact you to let you know if you meet our criteria and share with you with all logistical information.
If you register for one of our events we will use this information internally for liaising with you and ensuring that you are added to appropriate workshops and seminars at the event.
Also, we may pass some of the information we collect at registration to our event sponsors so that they know who will be attending the event and they can contact you after the event for one feedback call or email and to send you one marketing email – after that it is up to you whether you remain in contact with them.
We may share your job title and company name with potential sponsors so they know the calibre of people that attend our events. We will never share any of your personal data with potential sponsors without your explicit consent.
There will be a photographer and/or videographer at our events. This may be used for future event show guides and our websites or social media channels.
Data We Collect
The types of personal information we collect depend on the purpose for which You are accessing the Website (e.g., to register at the FinLantern Community, to register at an event, to learn more about FinLantern and our services, to inquire about employment, etc.,). This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, physical and email addresses, phone number(s) and company; and
- If you are submitting employment information through the Website or by email, any additional employment-related information that You choose to provide (e.g. CV).
Data: Why We Collect It
- TLR collects certain personal information in order to better targeting the cluster of receivers of specific e-mail campaign and send information only to those who may have an interest.
- Moreover, TLR may respond to inquiries about our products and services, to provide You with investment information and tools, to process and respond to employment-related inquiries and job applications, to perform marketing-related activities and statistic activities, and to supply other administrative services.
- Finally, the gathering of certain data may have obligatory nature being connected to the execution of obligations of law and/or of the contractual relationships with You established.
- Where local laws allow, we reserve the right to use Data for the purpose of marketing of events/presentations promoted by FinLantern we believe might be of interest to the client.
- We may collect information concerning client’s operating systems, browser type, domain name, IP addresses and website usage data when you visit our Website. This Data will be collected primarily for purposes of monitoring usage and performance of this Website.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
You are responsible for periodically checking to ensure that any personal information included is updated and correct.
You are also responsible to keep safe your username and password to access your Data.
How to Update Your Personal Information
If You want to check, update, modify or cancel any personal information gathered about You through Your use of this Website, You can access your Data directly by signing in at the FinLantern Community (http://community.FinLantern.com/) with your username (email address) and personal password (which is encrypted and which we are not able to know).
Moreover, TLR may use cookie technology to estimate aggregate visitor numbers and aggregate data transfer volumes, to identify pages that attract particular interest, and to make general improvements. Cookie technology is also used to allow people to move more quickly around our Website. If you visit our Website and use certain important functions, it is possible that we will send cookies to your computer. Cookies are strings of information that are sent out by a website and temporarily saved in your computer’s memory. If you refuse a cookie, some pages may fail to function fully and you will be unable to access certain information included on our Website.
- Where We Store and Process Data. All your Data we gather from this Website are initially transmitted, processed and stored on Swiss-based servers, to which access is strictly limited.
- Your Data may subsequently be transferred to other countries for further processing, storage, and/or use by TLR and/or our affiliates/service providers to deliver information to You.
- Protection of Your Personal Information. TLR puts commercially reasonable security measures in place, and requires our selected service providers do so as well, to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. In particular, TLR and its service providers have taken the appropriate technical and organizational precautions to ensure that only authorised persons can access these servers, and have taken particular precautions with regard to the protection of our technical environment (e.g. using industry-standard firewalls and password protection and encryption systems).
- Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Links to Other Websites
On this Website you may be offered automatic links to one or more other websites that are not operated or monitored by TLR. Following links to any other websites shall be at your own risk. TLR does not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content nor for the policy they apply to the treatment of personal data.
We encourage You to read their individual privacy policies before providing any of your personal information to them.
TLR does not separately identify, or collect, any information that is specific to children.
If You have further questions about our privacy practices, please send an email to email@example.com.
Venue and applicable law
Data Protection Officer
TLR’s data protection officer’s details and credentials are below:
Data Protection Officer
“The Lantern” Research SA
Via Montarina, 21
6900 – Lugano (CH)
Tel. +41 91 224 72 50
Access or deletion of your personal data
If you wish to exercise your ‘Right to Access’ or ‘Right to be Forgotten’ under the General Data Protection Regulation then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 91 224 72 50. You can also write to us.